Featured Not resolved

John Rego calls his business Regs Roofing.My neighbor was getting her roof done.

The bundles of shingle were loaded onto a 12/12 pitch by Hermans Building Supplies. John guided them on how to load it, (he didn't bring a ladder). The bundles were piled 14 bdles. high over the peak of this 3 storey house (my home is a 1 1/2 storey).

Within minutes of Hermans leaving 10 bundles slid down the roof hit my roof ,damaged my eavestrough, put a hole in my roof/shingles, dented my siding smashed into my garden and porch railing smashing everything. I climb onto my own roof to see the damage and 3 more bundles came down missing me by inches. John didn't have his own ladder so he did nothing to prevent anymore damage (Mine was not long enough). These bundles weigh 85 lbs each.

John Rego who hires inexperienced roofers off Kijiji promised me he would pay for the damages. I told him that I was going to split the cost (he pays $200. and Hermans pays $200). When the job was done (poorly) John packed up his guys and equipment and left, leaving all the garbage from the roof in the driveway.

He said he would come back to cover the damages and get the garbage ..that was 5 days ago. I've contacted him but he never shows. Health and Safety were called but they say that it's not their job to dictate damages. John also works with Platinum Roofing, neither have a roofing license although Platinum roofing's web site states they do I phone Hamilton Roof Licensing (905)546 2782 and they have no record of them.

I don't think Ill ever see the cost for my damages but if I can save someone else the grief and frustration they gave me it will be worth it.

Had an Experience with Regs Roofing?

Comments

Did you check them in the internet? These roofers looks kinda weird...

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #704178

always check references and make sure they are licensed

watchdog2013
to dave Hamilton, Ontario, Canada #704495

Hi dave It wasn't my roof being done..it was my next door neighbor.When she bought the house 2 months ago, She told the seller she would only buy it if he would redo the roof (condition of sale).

My neighbor did not hire these guys or even know when they were coming. The seller was in control of that.

Their garbage is still in her driveway.The only reason I'm writing this complaint is to warn others about this leech...Monique

to watchdog2013 Hamilton, Hamilton, Bermuda #775745

but isn't your husband and you roofers and you are mad that you didn't get the job?? sounds like sour grapes....

to Anonymous #776033

We retired our roofing business Dec.2012.

after 30 yrs. of being in business. In Dec. 2012 to Aug.

2013 my husband had endured 5 surgeries complete knee replacements in both knees & a torn tendon in his right shoulder. Only amateurs play head games like the one your suggesting. We could have continued our business and found other roofers to do the work but the quality of the workmanship would most likely suffer and baby-sitting a bunch of guys on a roof to make sure they did the job right would be a headache. Regs Roofing doesn't care about the quality of workmanship and he didn't care when 13 bundles fell off the neighbours roof and damaged my home.

He's a *** who talks unsuspecting customers into thinking they are getting a great job and when their roof starts leaking he's no where to be found with a new business card & name.